September, September, September.

Hey, it's me, Kai, blogging to you from a classified located. Otherwise known as my living room. Hahaha.

Well, guess what? Today is the 8th of September. If you know me personally, or read this blog before, then you probably know the... significance of this date.

Last year, on this date, in just a few minutes, exactly at 6 pm, a guy asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. And I said, Yes.

So here we are, a year later. I always pictured this day a bit differently. My blind optimism always told me that we would make it to a year. But now, this day is actually exactly 2 months since he broke up with me. No, I'm not gonna get emo on you here. I actually didn't realize what the date was until just a few minutes ago, and you'd think realizing something like that would make feel at least a little nostalgic, but I don't. Not at all. Maybe I am faring a whole lot better than I thought.

Out of the 12 months in a year, I guess September is one of my favorites. 8-9-10 was a huge event in my life, and comeing full circle, it's been one hell of a year. But also a lot of big things happen this month.

This year, on September 8, 2011, FASHION'S NIGHT OUT which is an event I just learned off, but sounds totally awesome, is taking place. Oh, it's also Pink's birthday!

The 2010 Grammys were in September (I think). They have a band called The Septembers. There's the song "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day. Even Daughtry has a "September" song. There's 9/11 (okay, that's more of a tragedy than happy event). Most importantly, it's usually the start of Autumn! Cooler days, who wouldn't welcome that?

I guess my mainpoint is, there are moments that will forever be engraved into you memory, and there's nothing wrong with that. Happy moments, are worth treasuring. Crappy moments? Well, you'd wanna forget them, but they usually are a bit scarring.

But inspite of those crappy moments, they're are a lot of happy/uplifting things that happened. So, just remember to look at the brighter side of life.

Cheers!

Update: Hey, it's the ninth now, and when I think about it, there's TONS more good stuff coming up this September! The premiere of Glee! season 3 on the 20th, yesterday on the eight (lucky me) Cameron Mitchell put out a new Youtube video of him singing, Blackbird! I always wish I could get a nicely recorded version of just him singing songs he sang on the Glee Project. This is also the last chance song he sang the night he decided to leave the competition. He sounds great <3 and looks a tad better after his haircut haha :)

And yeah, today is 9th of September and I just found out (thanks to Tumblr) that today is DAMIAN JOSEPH MCGINTY'S 19TH BIRTHDAY!! Happy birthday, Irish Boy! Can't wait to see you on Glee! All the best, never lose your youthful spirit and charming smile! Love, you! :D

UpdateUpdate:

OH MY GOD! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT SEPTEMBER 9TH WAS ALSO MICHAEL BUBLE'S BIRTHDAY? I FEEL LIKE SUCH A HORRIBLE FAN! D:

Michael Buble. We're talking about the guy who's voice pulled me into the wonderful world called jazz music, and whose Crazy Love album was the first music CD I ever bought. HAPPY 36TH BIRTHDAY MICHAEL BUBLE! 36? He doesn't look a day over 20. He's having a new album out in October, called "Christmas", so it looks like Christmas cheer is coming to town early this year :)

And the fact that he and Damian share a birthday is amazing. Michael Buble is a huge star and a great singer in my eyes, but he isn't really shown much in the media and the public eye, so I guess I forgot about him lately. And once I saw Damian and heard him sing, I was like 'He's the new Michael Buble!' and he's whole youthful spirit will bring in a new life into this jazzy, swing genre they both do. All the best for both <3
--Karin Novelia, Snuggling Up for Autumn ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment